BOTOX® & Fillers
Both men and women are discovering the benefits of non-surgical procedures that can effectively enhance their appearance without incisions, anesthesia or downtime. Injectable treatments have become particularly popular, with a wide range of formulations to help you meet a variety of aesthetic goals. These quick, affordable treatments can erase fine lines and wrinkles, restore youthful volume and bring out facial features you want others to notice.
Non-surgical procedures offer the following benefits:
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines and deeper facial creases
- Restore volume to areas like the cheeks and jawline
- Provide a non-surgical “facelift” with a combination of injectables
- Augment features like the cheeks and lips
Botox & Fillers Houston
Options in Non-Surgical Procedures
Dr. Rappaport offers several types of facial injectable treatments:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, the most popular non-surgical facial enhancement in the U.S., helps smooth the face by relaxing muscles that form frown lines, forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Radiesse® is a semi-permanent filler that adds youthful fullness to the face. It can be used to smooth out “parentheses” from the nose to the corners of the mouth, the “tear trough” area below the eyes, and “marionette lines” from the corners of the mouth to the chin. It can also mask the early signs of jowling.
- JUVÉDERM® is a hyaluronic acid facial filler approved by the FDA to last up to one year. Dr. Rappaport uses JUVÉDERM® for natural-looking lip enhancement, as well as to plump up facial lines and rejuvenate the face.
- Juvederm Voluma XC®. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to your cheek area to correct age-related volume loss. It can provide you contour and a subtle lift for up to two years with optimal treatment.
How are Non-Surgical Procedures Performed?
Dr. Rappaport performs injectable treatments in his Houston office. Procedures take just a few minutes to complete and involve little discomfort or side effects. Formulas are administered through very fine needles strategically placed to have the greatest effect without disturbing surrounding muscles or tissue.
What is the Recovery Like?
There is no downtime after an injectable treatment, which means you can return to work and other activities right away. You may experience mild swelling redness or bruising around the injection sites, which subsides within a few hours of the procedure. Discomfort after treatment is minimal and most patients do not need any type of medication to manage pain after the procedure.
Dr. Rappaport Answers Questions about Non-Surgical Procedures
Do you perform facial injections yourself?
Yes. There’s a real difference when you have your injectables done by a skilled physician. My knowledge of anatomy and appreciation of aesthetics allow me to give you a very natural look.
Do you offer fat injections?
Yes. I can use your natural fat to help volumize your face. However, it’s not my first choice, because it’s very time-consuming and expensive. You can get the initial effect with other filler materials. If you were looking for more permanent results, I would speak long and hard with you about natural fat injections. There are some people who swear by fat injections in terms of longevity, and others who swear at them.
How do the results of fat injections compare with other facial fillers?
Fat injections have inconsistent results from physician to physician, as well as from patient to patient. That’s another reason why fat injections are not one of my favorite options. I’m so happy with the manufactured filler materials I’m using Juvederm Voluma XC®, Radiesse® Radiesse and JUVÉDERM®. I prefer them over fat injection because of their cost-effectiveness and reliable results.
When are fat injections performed?
I can do fat injections at the same time as facial surgery. Or, if I’m doing liposuction on other areas of your body, I can harvest the fat and use it in your face if you don’t want any foreign materials used as fillers.
Are many patients allergic to the manufactured fillers?
No, fillers like JUVÉDERM® and Radiesse® are non-animal products that do not carry the same risk of an allergic reaction. Older injectables, were made from chicken’s combs and derived from cows, so patients needed to undergo pre-testing to check for allergies. With today’s fillers, no pre-testing is needed. You can come in for a consultation and if you decide to go ahead with the procedure, you can have your first treatment during the same office visit.
How long do the results last?
Injectable treatments are temporary fixes, so they will need to be repeated to maintain results. The duration depends on the specific formula used and the patient. As a general rule, Botox injections last about 3-4 months, while Radiesse® and Juvederm® may last six months or longer. Juvederm Voluma XC® can last up to 2 years.
Dr. Rappaport uses his knowledge of anatomy and his appreciation of aesthetics to give patients a natural, enhanced look with injectable treatments. All injections are performed by him, ensuring patients receive the same quality of care and expertise with every treatment session. To learn more about these non-surgical treatments, contact Houston Center for Plastic Surgery at 713-790-4500.
6560 Fannin Street, #1812
Houston, Texas 77030
Phone: (713) 790-4500
Fax: (713) 793-1299