Brow Lift Houston
A brow lift or forehead lift is a surgery that repositions forehead muscles and raises the brow line for a refreshed appearance. Dr. Rappaport uses a variety of techniques in his brow lift procedure, allowing him to tailor the procedure to the specific concerns of each patient. A brow lift may be performed alone or in combination with other procedures, like eyelid surgery or a face lift.
A brow lift offers the following benefits:
- Lifts eyebrows sagging over your eyes, making you look tired or angry
- Erases deep worry lines extending across your forehead
- Eliminates vertical creases between the eyebrows, known as “frown lines”
- Creates a smoother look to the forehead area
Brow Lift Houston
Options in Brow lifts
Dr. Rappaport may use one of the following techniques to perform your brow lift:
- An open procedure involves a horizontal incision at the hairline or farther back, depending on your forehead height and scalp hair density.
- An endoscopic procedure uses three small incisions to accommodate a tool called an endoscope to guide surgical instruments to the target area. This is similar to arthroscopic surgery.
- A temporal lift corrects only drooping of the outer eyebrow. Surgery is performed through an incision at or behind the hairline in the temple, above the ears.
- A limited-incision foreheadplasty is performed through an incision in the hair at the temples, combined with an upper eyelid lift incision. This procedure corrects both brow and forehead issues.
How is a Brow Lift Performed?
Dr. Rappaport performs most brow lifts on an outpatient basis, using either general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. Your choice of anesthesia may depend on whether you are getting the brow lift alone or in combination with other procedures. Through the incisions, Dr. Rappaport is able to remove excess skin and tissue, smoothing skin across the brow for a younger appearance.
What is the Recovery Like?
It is common to experience some bruising and swelling after this procedure, which will subside within a couple of weeks. Post-operative discomfort is usually minimal and easily managed with oral pain medication. Most patients are able to return to regular activities approximately 1-2 weeks after a brow lift, although strenuous activities may be limited for much longer.
Dr. Rappaport Answers Questions about Brow lifts
Isn’t a facelift enough to lift a sagging forehead?
No. A facelift rejuvenates the bottom 2/3 of the face. A forehead lift addresses the upper 1/3 of the face, from the eyebrows to the hairline.
Can a forehead lift be done in combination with a facelift?
Yes. I often recommend this combination of procedures — sometimes along with an eyelid lift — to produce the desired results.
Isn’t BOTOX® enough to get rid of the lines on my forehead?
BOTOX® can relax the muscles that cause those worry lines—but it can’t eliminate sagging in your forehead. Think of BOTOX® as a chemical means and a brow lift as a mechanical means to counteract the visible signs of facial aging. A forehead lift also produces much longer-lasting results than a BOTOX® treatment, which typically lasts about four months.
What results can I expect from a forehead lift?
A brow lift will help you look naturally rested and refreshed, with more animation in your face.
A brow lift is a long-lasting way to revamp your appearance and shave years off your face. To learn more about this procedure, call us at 713-790-4500 for a personal consultation with Dr. Rappaport.